Chick-fil-A, Inc. (the “Company”) owns and operates a franchise system that is a restaurant network made up of company-owned, franchised and licensed Chick-fil-A® restaurants. Chick-fil-A franchised Operators own and operate their individual franchised businesses. Chick-fil-A Licensees own and operate their own licensed businesses. Each franchised Operator and each licensee is an independent franchised business person, and is separate and legally distinct from the Company and its affiliates.
Types of Information Collected
To complete this survey, we will collect two types of information: Traffic Data and Personal Information (described below). We automatically track and collect the following information when you complete this survey: your (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) operating system (system settings); and (iv) type of Web browser (collectively, “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on this Site. For example, we use this information for statistical purposes, such as measuring the average time spent completing this survey. We also use Web beacons, Web server logs and “cookies” (small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive) to help provide additional functionality and to help accurately measure usage of this survey. In all cases in which cookies are used, your Personal Information will not be collected unless you expressly agree to provide it. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm. Other than the Company’s agents and independent contractors, the Traffic Data collected through this Site will not be shared with any third party, including, without limitation, any third-party web service providers, third-party marketing companies, or online ordering processors.
To complete this survey, we will collect certain information that identifies you which may include personal information (such as your name or email address), transaction information (such as information from a store receipt), as well as your survey responses (“Personal Information”). We will only collect Personal Information when you voluntarily submit such information via this Site.
We may refer to your Personal Information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services. We will not use or disclose Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will not contact you unless you expressly request communication or if the contact is necessary to verify the integrity of the survey process.
We do not collect Sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive Personal Information includes information pertaining to racial origins, religious beliefs, and sexual orientation.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
In general, we use all of the information we collect for:
- Research purposes,
- Fulfillment of incentives, and
- Other everyday business purposes, such as customer service, survey integrity management, and website management.
We use automatically-collected information for website management to ensure that our surveys operate properly on all computers and to help detect fraud or other inappropriate survey responses. We use aggregated information that does not identify you or your computer for reporting and analytics.
CHICK-FIL-A DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY OR KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY REQUEST, SOLICIT OR COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANY PERSON WE KNOW TO BE UNDER THE AGE OF 13 WITHOUT PRIOR VERIFIABLE PARENTAL CONSENT. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected or received Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our data base as soon as practicable.
If Chick-fil-A collects Personal Information from children under the age of 13 with verifiable parental consent, Chick-fil-A will ensure that:
- Parents will be given a choice as to whether their child’s Personal Information will be disclosed to any third parties prior to any such disclosure;
- Parents will have access to their child’s Personal Information upon their request and the opportunity to remove or delete the child’s Personal Information and opt-out of future collection or use of the child’s Personal Information;
- Chick-fil-A will not condition a child’s participation in a contest, game or other activity on the child disclosing more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that contest, game or other activity; and
- Chick-fil-A will maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of the Personal Information collected from a child.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose Personal Information to anyone unless:
- The disclosure is needed for fulfillment of an incentive;
- You request follow-up communication or otherwise expressly consent to the disclosure;
- The disclosure is to a third party that performs reporting and analytical services for us. However, we forbid our service providers from using Personal Information for their own purposes;
- The disclosure is required by law, court order or other legal process (such as in response to a subpoena) or is needed for fraud prevention, survey integrity management, enforcement of legal rights or similar purposes;
- The disclosure is necessary to protect your rights or our property;
- The disclosure is necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use; or
- The disclosure is in connection with a transfer of assets of our business.
Limits to Your Privacy
This Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for privacy practices or the content of such websites. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas may become public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
Participating in this survey is voluntary. If you have any concerns about the information collection practices, please refrain from completing the survey and contact us at the address below.
We have implemented reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access or loss.
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us may be transferred to the United States. We will use reasonable means to protect the personal data we transfer in all locations.
Privacy Statement Changes
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or this survey, please contact our website administrator, SMG Privacy Office, 1737 McGee, Kansas City, MO 64108.